halfmanhalfbook

The Accidental Adventurer - Ben Fogle Ben Fogle is a guy that I only really knew the name of until he recent presented Harbour Lives, and a friend left this book for me to read. So I did.

He is an adventurous and spirited guy, and he has done all sorts of things, from walking to the Antarctic, the world longest race, rowed the Atlantic with James Cracknell, with no rowing experience and presented an awful lot of TV programmes, that I have some how managed to completely miss! This book give details of all the adventures, along with the work he did for victims of Noma, a debilitating and disfiguring illness.

It was a nice easy read. He writes from the heart, and, as he says he wears this on his sleeve then you are pretty aware of just how he feels. He describes some of the scrapes and very nears misses that he has had, and is some ways he is lucky to be alive. I would have preferred that the timeline of events in the book was more consistent, as it does tend to jump around a lot. Other than that it was ok, and a good solid three stars.

Great British Bus Journeys: Travels Through Unfamous Places
One of Our Thursdays Is Missing
Jasper Fforde
The Night Circus
Erin Morgenstern
Poor Economics: Barefoot Hedge-fund Managers, DIY Doctors and the Surprising Truth about Life on less than $1 a Day
Abhijit V. Banerjee, Esther Duflo